Fantasy Roleplay Online
Hello there! Thanks for taking the time to visit our site! We hope you like what you see and encourage you to join us. (We don't bite.)

Please read our rules before making an account. ~The FRO staff.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fantasy Roleplay Online
Hello there! Thanks for taking the time to visit our site! We hope you like what you see and encourage you to join us. (We don't bite.)

Please read our rules before making an account. ~The FRO staff.
Fantasy Roleplay Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Site moved!

Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:01 pm by Zero

I've moved the site? Why? Because I used a much more customize-able free forum hosting website to recreate the site. This would explain most of my inactivity. I think it looks much better. Take a look! Which do you like better? http://thedragonshaven.boards.net/

Comments: 2

Ideas, Ideas and More Ideas!

Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:34 pm by Zero

Ideas! I have some.. but I need more!

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Site moved!
by Zero Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:35 pm

» Roleplay Guide
by Zero Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:28 pm

» Harpies
by Zero Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:43 pm

» Vampires

» Goliaths

» Trolls
by Zero Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:42 pm

Poll
Top posting users this month
No user

Staff Online

The Hatching [FINISHED]

5 posters

Go down

The Hatching [FINISHED] Empty The Hatching [FINISHED]

Post by Kronius Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:24 pm

This brought it to a total of 34.

Another group of bandits had caught eye on him with a hefty demand that he surrender all his possessions for his life. A bit cocky that they assumed they have the power to control the situation. Sitting under the cliff, in a somewhat cloudy day, were a number of tents and a large firepit. Sure enough it was an obvious sign that it was a huge base.

Kronius had a lot of those encounters before.

Wipimg the last drop of blood of his blades, he dispelled them back into his pocketwatch before scavenging the bodies. There were at least a dozen of them, and one leader who showed to be quite a challenge with his skills swinging 2 morning stars around. Aside from one nasty bruise on his shoulder from direct impact of the blunted ends, Kronius had ended them all. Blood laid over the grass like a small garden of roses. Their clothing were soaked, proving much more of a challenge to get anything out of their belts.

After spending the very quiet and windy area picking gold coins, jewels, stones and rare artefacts, the bounty hunter moved into the larger tent. He did not find a lot of outstanding items, saved for a large round and pale stone sitting inside a large sack. Kronius could have easily dismissed that thing to be a large rock, but something about it gave off a very peculiar...aura.

He moved closer and placed a hand on the surface. It was strangely warm. The surface very smooth. It was like it was not a stone at all, but an egg. A dragon's egg it seemed. Kronius pondered a moment to figure out what he could do with a dragon egg, but his thoughts were caught short, for the egg bobbed against his hand.

He pulled his hand back. The egg was moving...

Last edited by Kronius on Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Kronius
Kronius
Admin

CP : 30071

Back to top Go down

The Hatching [FINISHED] Empty Re: The Hatching [FINISHED]

Post by Scythe Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:23 am

Scythe smelled blood. Human blood. It may not have been IN his territory, but it was close enough. With a hiss, he launched himself into the air, flaming wings spread wide. He dived toward the stench of humans. Landing, he spotted several bodies lying on the ground. He wrinkled his snout and bit into one. He was relatively hungry and four humans was enough to fill his stomach. He took a waterskin from one of them, pierced, and drank the small amount of water that came out. Humans were gross. And very stringy too. He had had to force down each bite. Twitching his tail in disgust, he heard noise. Whatever had killed these humans was still here, in the tent. That meant it was small. Which made it much easier to take on. Hissing softy, he stuck his snout in the tent.

"Urk, very stuffy in here."

Grumbling, he looked at the human who occupied it currently. It smelled of blood, too, but it smelled of the blood of others. Looking at the smooth stone it held, he twitched his tail in surprise. It smelled like DRAGON. Eyes widening, he moved his head ever so slightly to look the human in the eye.

"That curious object you have smells a lot like a dragon. Could it perhaps be an egg? It doesn't look like treasure. What do you plan to do with it? I don't think I know any dragon that likes collecting pretty stones."

Nuzzling the egg, he added,

"Unnaturally WARM pretty stones."

He smiled dryly, and wondered briefly what the human would do with it.
Scythe
Scythe

CP : 30063

Back to top Go down

Post by Iaza Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:47 am

Trala la said a mysterious figure to herself, her eyes closed in a state of bliss, as she slithered across the untampered ground, twirling from side to side in a state of slight enjoyment. Her lower half, which was that of a snake, was twitching uncontrollably, but only at the tip of the tail. The upper body of the naga was that of a female, though it could have been anyone's guess, since, aside from long hair and a slightly stronger build, male and female nags looked pretty similar, so it could be difficult distinguishing the two. Tra la, all good things come to those who wait! Tehee. said the mysterious woman, her eyes still closed, as she slithered through the forest.

The world held no excitement. Except for the excitement in bloodshed. It was so hard to be friendly, why not just be a fiend, instead? It was much more fun! The snake woman giggled madly, as she tucked her arms behind her, clamping them together. Clenched in one palm was a dagger, recently polished, its shining silver blade shimmering in the sunlight. But a clean knife was such a bore. Why have something so plain, almost white, when it could be decorated with the beautiful colors of blood!

After all, so many creatures in this world had different colored blood. Especially dragons! Blue, red, green, purple? It was like her dagger with being decorated with a rainbow! Another giggle escaped her mad lips. They will see one day. The only truth in this world is destruction! she laughed maniacally. She needed to cut something. And soon, or else she may just go.... insane.... she slithered over to a nearby tree, driving the knife into the bark. A light, gooey liquid began to ooze out. It was just sap. But it was a pretty color, whitish yellow. Sighing, the woman pulled the blade from the tree, and used a finger to pull some of the gooey sap off, licking it from her finger.

Mmmm, tastes maple-y. she said with a chuckle. Well, there was nothing here for her. So she decided to move on her marry way. That was, until she stumbled onto a bandit camp. But alas, it was covered in blood! Oh! Such a beautiful portrait of emotion their assailant had spilt. The naga giggled uncontrollably. Maybe she would be graced in their blood, as well.

She decided to slither down to the bandit camp, dagger in hand, eyes slit. That's when she saw it. A beast! Dragon monster, near a tent! It's head was inside, so it couldn't even see her! A quick laugh escaped her throat, though she was far enough away so they wouldn't hear her. She wanted to see their blood spill. But would her knife deal such a damage? Who knows!

Slithering behind a nearby tent, she launched a tomb of fire at the backside of the dragon which would explode in a fiery display on contact, a creepy smile on her face. Now she would just have to wait and see how the victim reacted. Oh, their pain would be so hilarious! She thought with another giggle, preparing her blade.

(Huehue. Sowwy, this was just way too much of an opportunity for Iaza to pass up)

Iaza

CP : 30064

Back to top Go down

Post by Shudaar Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:53 pm

As the egg slightly wobbled, there was a tiny tap tap noise coming from inside it. Inside the egg, the baby hatchling was bumping his snout against a certain part of the egg, feeling cramped. Even as he tried to stretch, something kept bopping into his nose, keeping him trapped! Angered, he kept pushing against the walls that prevented him to stretch. The more he pushed, the more he felt whatever barrier there was give way, until finally something gave, making a cracking noise. Startled, he halted his stretch, before nosing at the crack and turning it into a small hole. Sticking his snout outside the hole, his senses were overwhelmed with too many scents to comprehend, along with a cold he had not felt before. It was...peculiar. Wiggling his nose more, he felt whatever was preventing him from stretching give way, allowing him more freedom to wiggle until the hole got bigger and bigger. Without knowing it, he was leaning against the hole, and his body weight soon took over, causing him to more or less spill outside the egg. Laying flat on his belly in a quite uncoordinated position, he gave a little chirp, even startling himself at the sound as he kept his eyes shut, sticky egg remnants covering him and not prompting him to open his eyes and catch his first glimpse of life outside the egg.
Shudaar
Shudaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronius Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:05 am

It was about to hatch. Not likely that he could keep whatever was inside to stay within for him to sell at any high price. Curiosity got the better of him as he waited, pulling his hand back when a sudden push struck his palm. He could not stare at the egg any longer when there was a shadow behind the tent, bending down and sniffing at the dead.

Kronius stiffened, his breath becoming steady, not even blinking. The egg continued to crack. Perhaps it was second to the large silhouette sniffing the air. No doubt he was caught. Kronius slowly extended a hand and slowly formed a clockwork rapier, trying to be as quiet as possible as the pieces leave his timepiece and spiralled into a grip in his palm. Indeed it was quite a large dragon. Curious for its own good. Kronius steadied himself, even as the dragon spoke to him and poked the egg itself. This dragon. He did not recall seeing it in any wanted posters. What was Kronius going to do with the egg? He was not sure himself. After coming into and looting the camp, he just found it until this beast came along. In fact, Kronius was about to ask the dragon if this egg was his, but got his answer when the dragon took its curiosity upon the egg as well, as if he never had seen it before.

He remained silent, his eyes rolling to another silhouette behind the tent. It was much smaller, more faint. He could not make up anything, seeing how far she was and how she appeared like some giant blur. Then Kronius looked back at the dragon. Only its head was inside, seemingly trapping Kronius inside. He then caught a glimpse of the bottom of the tent, and how one of the pegs was loose. Perhaps he could roll under it with the egg.

Well, not anymore. The hatchling came out, splayed and wet with egg mucous. Perhaps he could find use of this beast. Whatever it was. Could be a salamander, a dragon, anything really. Just as Kronius heard a huge explosion coming from behind the dragon’s head, he took that as a sign to gently scoop the hatchling. As the slime got all over his braces and sleeves very quickly, he cradled it close and, protecting the little being, rolled himself out of the tent, knocking the loose peg and causing the tent to collapse.

Getting on his feet, he saw the attacker. A woman. No, a lamia! Around 20metres away, she had a knife, and adorned quite a devious smile, her other hand coated in flames. Kronius searched around him, but there was nowhere he could put the young hatchling anywhere. At least it was light enough to hold with one hand, as he pointed his rapier towards the lamia. Friend, or foe? He hoped friend. At least someone who would leave him be. Not likely. She attacked an innocent dragon.

Kronius was already exhausted after fighting these bandits…
Kronius
Kronius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scythe Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:58 am

Scythe gingerly backed out of the tent, just as he heard a huge explosion. Snarling, and with little time to react, he flung up his wings, which burst into flame. Some of the fire managed to move through them, and he hissed as it hit his shoulder scales, making them bleed his dark brown blood. He winced, as the rest of the flames had raised his wing temperature enough to singe the black slabs of flesh that ignited his wings. He lowered them, tail spade held in front of him threateningly, and looked for the source of his injuries. A Lamia with an evil grin on its face seemed to be the most likely attacker. He raised his head arrogantly and spoke.

"Little earth beast, do you really think that you can take on the leader of the Caelum Domino, the lords of the sky? I assure you, I am no pushover."

he turned to Kronius and added;

"I would recommend getting that little hatchling out of here. We don't want it to wind up dead, now do we? If you need someone to care for it, though, I suppose I can."

He turned back to the Lamia, ready to defend the hatchling from any harm that might come from it.
Scythe
Scythe

Back to top Go down

Post by Iaza Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:51 am

Ohohoh! the woman said with a laugh at the creature's reaction. Some of the flames had hit the tent, and it was now crumbling to become nothing more than ashes, surely destroying anything that still happened to be inside. So, you are tough! What fun! Do you desire to dance the dance of death with me, my darling? A challenger? I haven't had someone to help me paint my portraits in years. At least, not someone with talent! the lamia female said with an evil laugh. Surely, truthfully! A connoisseur in the ways of her lethal art. Such a wondrous flavor the taste of death left in your mouth. How could one ignore it so? Was thy plagued with woe, at the paint that spilled from thou's veins? It's nature's art, beauty! She thought with a giggle.

But alas, the enemy, or rather fellow artist, was preparing to pain alongside her tail. Ah, but would such a duel ruin the mural of blood that had been lain out by another? Of course not! They were simply adding to its perfection! Another laugh escaped her lips, holding her blade tightly in her hands. Her tail was still twitching, dipped lightly in the artistic perfection of oozing blood that had stained the battlefield. She loved it! Soon, thy partner would become a mural of its own beauty. Hehehe.....

Oh, but alas, we mustn't bathe in the artistic beauty of crimson without first getting to know thine accomplice. My name is Iaza. Why might thy's name be, good fellow?" said Iaza with a chuckle. Having yet to take notice of the figure who had rolled away from the tent, or the egg, Iaza's attention was directed entirely on the dragon-like creature.

Iaza

CP : 30064

Back to top Go down

Post by Shudaar Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:37 am

(Tiny post cause Kronous yelling at meh, it late, and on mobile :3 )

The world was so cold, loud, and strange. There wre too many scents, so ma y different feels, and so much motion. As something stopped him up, he felt his world spin, not knowing what was happening at all. He felt sticky, and his instincts told him to keep his eyes closed till his mother licked him clean. That is, if he had a mother. His dreams and instincts told him to expect a warm, moist to use and hard scales with a loving embrace. He felt none of those things, just something fuzzy, rough, and jerky. He let out a little mewl, completely lost as to what was going on.
Shudaar
Shudaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronius Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:38 am

This lamia was an absolute lunatic. First thing she asked when Kronius came out of the tent was whether he was a willing to 'dance' with her. Not only that, but it did not seem there was anything stopping her from giggling. Kronius may had bed with many women in the past, but he could not recall having to sleep with crazy.

The hatchling in his arm shifted and shook, craning its head and cooing. Kronius grabbed a towel left lying beside him and wrapped the hatchling up quickly, while also keeping an eye on the monster. It seemed the dragon behind him was on his side, insisting Kronius to run with the hatchling. That was a better option. He did not want any harm coming to this hatchling at all, let alone, het into a fight with only one hand to use.

Possible. But difficult.

I think I will pass, Kronius said to the lamia. You need not know my name. With that, Kronius made a run for the forest, closing the distance to 5metres to the nearest tree easily.
Kronius
Kronius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scythe Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:12 pm

Scythe hissed at the Lamia.

"You really don't want to do that, unless you want to take on the whole of Caelum Domino."

He watched as Kronius fled, then placed himself between the him and the Lamia, spreading his wings and looping his tail in-front of him defensively, two huff of smoke billowing up from his nostrils. He would defend the hatchling as best he could. This particular Lamia would probably torture it or something.

"You're crazy. You want to know my name before you try to kill me? I'm afraid I don't give it out to just anyone. Especially not lunatics."

Scythe watched Iaza intently, waiting for any sign of attack, wings spread, ready for flight. More brown blood trickled from the burn on his shoulder, but it would heal, he wasn't worried.
Scythe
Scythe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronius Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:44 am

The enemy did not give chase it seemed. Perhaps the dragon busied her? Or she suddenly lost interest. He would never know. After reaching the trees, he did not stop, trying to put more distance between him and the burning camp. He kept the bundle close to his chest, the tiny dragon still moving a bit in his hold to show it was still alive. Perhaps it was a good thing he made it there to find the stolen egg before it would be incinerated by the snake woman.

Kronius felt bad having to leave the dragon to fight the woman. He had no idea of their difference in strength. Frankly he could not find any sense to care. Neither the dragon nor the woman were familiar to him, and he preferred nothing more than to be alone and away from the two. Even if he were a bounty hunter. At least he was not missing any opportunity of taking a pricy head. Not that he could anyways with a hatchling taking away one of his arms.

After running for quite some time, he was out of breath. All he could hear was his heavy breathing above all the cries and rustling within the forest. Kronius leaned and sat against a tree, the possible fighting between the dragon and snake too distant to hear. There, he unwrapped the blanket to see a small silver hatchling, still moving its head about as if curious and confused about its surroundings. What should he do about this hatchling now? He thought about selling it but, seeing how vulnerable it was, it really did hurt him if he were to abandon it like that.

Kronius huffed a sigh. Perhaps he could use a companion after many years of wandering alone. With what Kronius fights almost everyday, no doubt the hatchling could get its share of meat. At least it would not be so demanding in gold or gems. Now to name it. He did not think really hard or long to come up with something that he could sneak a smirk on.

Shudaar.
Kronius
Kronius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shudaar Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:49 pm

Everything was jossling, and causing the poor hatchlings heart rate to beat extremely fast. Something was definitely was not right. His instincts told him something was wrong. It all felt wrong, being wrapped into something, and the rapid movements. All different from expected. Shudaar had kept his eyes shut closed the entire time, being encased. Eventually, it all ceased, and he felt the encasing moved from him. The gooey stuff on him had dried and been wiped by the jostling, allowing him to open his yellow eyes to the world for the first time. Staring at him was a soft fleshed creature, one that did not resemble anything his insticts told him he would expect, but the scent was right. Shudaar heard his name, and tilted his chin against his chest as he stared at Kronius, who smelled of male dragon, thus meaning it was his father.
Shudaar
Shudaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:03 pm

Inactivity warning! Last chance to post before the post is taken down!

Side note: If the roleplay has been ended by the topic starter then please edit in '[FINISHED]' into the title.
Zero
Zero
Keeper of Souls, Punisher of Sins
Keeper of Souls, Punisher of Sins

CP : 30866

http://dragonrponline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: